Australia’s new traffic rules, PLEASE drive carefully*! 》
1. Flashing lights to warn others of speed camera cars fined $133 and deducted 1 point.
2. Incorrect use of fog lamps fine $52 and deduct 1 point.
3. Eat on the road or do make-up court fine and deduct 3 points.
4. Waving or honking your horn while driving is a fine of $337 and 3 penalty points.
5. Touch or use a mobile phone on the road fined $1000 and deducted 4 points
Some unusual/unknown NSW road rules:
– Splashing a bus passenger with mud after driving through a puddle can incur a fine of $165.
– Running an orange traffic light will cost $397 and loss of 3 d.p.
– Parking on a footpath $99 fine.
– A passenger can also be issued a ticket for having a part of his or her body outside a window of a moving car, $298 but no d.p.
– A passenger failing to wear a seat belt will cost the driver a $298 fine and 3 d.p. If 2 unbelted double the fine and d.p. 4 will be $1258 fine and loss of 6 d.p. (more fine and loss d.p.)
– Failing to wear a seat belt correctly $298 + 3 d.p.
– Using an incorrectly fitted or non-approved child seat $298 + 3 d.p.
– Taxi drivers cannot be fined if infants are not in a child restraint.
– Driving at night with your headlights off $99 + 1 d.p. Failing to dip your high beams attracts same penalty.
– Reversing along a one way street $232 + 2 d.p.
– Using a radar detector or speed evasion device $1556 + 9 d.p.
– Leave your car unlocked, leave the key in the ignition or leave the windows open if you are more than 3 metres away from your vehicle $99 each.
– Driving with a TV, DVD (or similar) displaying moving pictures in view of the driver $298 + 3 d.p.
– The driver of a car with TV or DVD screen “likely to distract other drivers” can also be fined $298 but no d.p.
– Failing to keep left on a freeway (or a road with a speed limit of 90km/H or more) unless overtaking $298 + 2 d.p.
– “Unsafe overtaking” $298 + 2 d.p.
– Speeding up while being overtaken.